(tap on any row to expand for more details) Santa Barbara. Behind the Wheel: Driving the Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara. California's coast-hugging Highway 1 is what dream drives are made of. Santa Monica. We then headed up towards Oxnard again stopping to look at the scenery a couple of times as the views were spectacular. Between Santa Monica and Oxnard, California Highway 1 follows the sliver of land that separates the Santa Monica Mountains from the Pacific Ocean, along the edge of the continent. Driving Directions to Santa Barbara, CA & Road Conditions ... The Pacific Coast Highway was the most beautiful drive I've ever been on in my life. The Ultimate Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip Planner ... If you mean drive there and back in one day, the answer is maybe. Re: Santa Monica To Santa Barbara, driving tour info pls. Open the Article - Posted 3 weeks ago. Planning a West Coast Road Trip. If you were to drive from LA to Santa Barbara via the non-scenic route via 101 Freeway it should take you 1.5 to 2 hours. If you are planning to travel in the area you should make sure that you call ahead for road . Tucked on the gentle slopes of the Santa Monica Mountains, the dramatic environs are matched only by the innovative architecture. Desuden er der en stribe seværdigheder undervejs, I ikke har lyst til at gå glip af. But I was checking the driving. Expect to See: Sandy Beaches Day 1 - Santa Monica to Cambria via Santa Barbara - 220 miles. San Francisco, CA to Santa Barbara, CA (383.1 mi.) This 1,650-mile (2,655 km), mostly two-lane route takes in everything from temperate rainforest . Santa Monica Although 30 miles north of Long Beach on SR-1, Santa Monica can feel worlds away (plus, with Los Angeles-area traffic, it can take two hours to drive there). Help. Santa Barbara County Firefighters and California Highway Patrol responded to reports of a crash Monday near Cuyama. Visitors can take the PCH (this is the name of Highway 1 south of Santa Barbara) and go to Malibu and Santa Monica. The best places to stop along the almost 656 miles of Pacific Coast Highway combine beaches with bridges, delicious seafood, art communities, and dramatic cliffside views. San Francisco to Santa Monica/LA (505 miles, 5-13+ days). SF to Big Sur via Highway 1 is approx. If you take the more scenic PCH route for the drive, expect it to take closer to two hours without traffic. Solvang, California (Spend the night in Santa Monica and walk the Santa Monica boardwalk) FRIDAY. The Pacific Coast Highway is much more than the sun, sand, and surf. To find the driving direction from Santa Barbara to Santa Monica via Highway 1 which is 911 by road, click on Show Directions after entering start and end locations in the calculator control. The drive from Santa Monica to Oxnard on PCH (Highway 1) IS actually quite nice and far preferable to the 101. This 1,650-mile (2,655 km), mostly two-lane route takes in everything from temperate rainforest . Santa Barbara to Santa Monica via Malibu We check out wishing we could take our hotel room with us and head onto Highway 1 along the coast. This map was created by a user. There are a couple of options when driving from Santa Barbara to San Francisco and the fastest way would be on the 101 which takes about 5 hours. Through Santa Barbara County and a bit beyond, the Pacific Coast Highway — also known as Highway 1 — merges with and is known as Highway 101, and skirts the gorgeous coastline to offer views that'll challenge any driver to keep their eyes on the road. And how long Will it take. Driving from San Francisco to Los Angeles you can choose between two streets. Stay on Highway 1 along the coast until you reach Oxnard, where Highway 1 goes inland through the city and merges with Highway 101. [Note: The distance between cities in California (US) distance chart below is straight line distance (may be called as flying or air distance) between the two locations in California (US) calculated based on . If traveling the Pacific Coast Highway then you can't avoid seeing Santa Barbara as US 101 runs right through it. At this point, you have the option of getting back on PCH and taking it down through Malibu to Santa Monica. Strækningen fra San Francisco til Santa Monica via California Highway 1 er cirka 450 miles/ 725 kilometer lang. Big trees, big waves, beautiful beaches. (Monica Almeida/The New York Times) You can happily stretch this five-and-half-hour drive into 24 hours or more. and Cayuga, a beautiful stretch of highway. Open full screen to view more. This trip is suitable for both couples and families. Pacific Coast Highway Route If you really stick to the coast and beaches the whole way, that's going to turn into about 150 miles and take you about four hours, as driving is a lot slower as you pass through every town on the way. Phases 4D & E will widen Highway 101 to 3 lanes in each direction between Sycamore Creek in the City of Santa Barbara up to Romero Creek in Montecito (west of Sheffield Drive). [ read more ] Carpinteria. MapQuest Driving Directions to Santa Barbara, CA. Without stops, the nearly 500-mile drive takes a little over 10 hours. After construction and joinder of all segments, the official designation of California Highway 1 followed in 1964. LEARN MORE. Find the travel option that best suits you. It is about a 2 hour drive along the coast, 90 minutes back with no traffic. The Big Sur segment was initially the Carmel-San Simeon Highway or Route 56. Take highway 1 to . Position: barista - Store# HIGHWAY 101 & LA CUMBRE ROAD<br>Summary of Experience<br>No previous experience required<br>Basic <br><br><i>Qualifications</i> <br>Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation<br><br>Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays<br><br>Meet . From there you can drive to Morro Bay. Highway One Road Trip: Monterey to Santa Barbara. Total Distance: 95.1 miles. The best way to enjoy southern California is by diving straight into the beachside culture. All you have to do is head from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara via Highway 1, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway. It takes around 514 to reach Santa Barbara to Santa Monica via Highway 1. Monterey to Santa Barbara via Big Sur would make for an incredibly long drive IF Highway 1 were fully driveable. This is a somewhat scenic route, but in my opinion (and I'm a bit jaded about it I guess), its not worth the . It's about 90 miles north of Los Angeles (an easy 90-minute drive), and just over 10 miles south of San Luis Obispo. It runs from Capistrano Beach in Orange County to Leggett in northern Mendocino (Dana Point), a total of about 650 miles. To start, it's a leisurely road trip from L.A. up the West Coast and is only a 2.5-hour drive. a 6-7 hour drive without stops. The Santa Monica pier and 3rd street Promenade, Venice Beach, an optional drive around the Palos Verdes Peninsula, and Long Beach are just a few of the MANY stops you could make while in LA. The most well-known (and photographed) stretch runs along California's Central Coast from Santa Barbara to . The initial steps in planning the Pacific Coast Highway road trip involve deciding what part of the PCH will you drive, how many days will you devote to the entire trip, and when is the best time to visit. The East Beach Grill. Planning a West Coast Road Trip. Included are the reconstruction of the Hwy 101 bridges over Cabrillo Boulevard and a new southbound on-ramp (replacing the lefthand ramp removed in Phase 1). [FULL VERSION] Driving Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara, California, 4K UHD#PacificCoastHighway #SantaMonica #SantaBarbara #Californi. It's maybe an hour slower than the 5, but looks better. You'll need to take Highway 46 and reconnect with the 101 to continue . The iconic roadway—which extends for more than 650 miles from Dana Point north to Leggett—offers endless vistas overlooking the Pacific, with plenty of redwood trees and wildlife sightings along the way. "The intersection has been updated to ease significant daily traffic backups that often stretch half a mile during the morning commute," Kirsten Ayars said in a press release. How To Get There: The most scenic route to Santa Barbara is via California Highway 1, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway. Calories. If you want to drive from SF to LA the scenic route, as described here, then you're looking at around 9 h 19 mins (454 miles) via Highway 1. A drive down California's famous, and famously scenic, Highway 1 . Santa Barbara to Monterey: How to Spend an Epic Long Weekend Along California's Highway 1. Santa Barbara, CA to Imperial Beach, CA (250.5 mi.) In this post, we highlight […] I am traveling with my husband to California mid march and as I am going to have work meetings in LA but have some days off, I thought about maybe going from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara and then Monterey. However, currently, due to the fires, you can not continue north. Next, head to Malibu, a stretch of the coast that was renamed "27 miles of great views", and then on to Santa Barbara, at the foot of the Santa Ynez Mountains, a green valley full of vineyards and farms that you can also cross via Highway 101, an alternative and faster road that goes from Los Angeles to San Francisco. The coastal drive from SF to LA is around 500 miles and can take 10-12 hours without stops ; Seattle to San Francisco. Start by making a breakfast stop in Santa Barbara at the East Beach Grill (1118 East Cabrillo Boulevard; 805-965-8805), described by Finn-Olaf Jones as "a greasy but bright breakfast institution popular with . I realize my plan was very ambitious . The Pacific Coast Highway and its segments have had numerous names and numbers. Big Sur to Santa Monica is approx. Distance between the two cities are 95 miles / 153 kms. I actually think the 154 from Santa Barbara to Los Olivos over the pass is beautiful (and shorter) - if you go this way you could hit a couple of wineries in Los Olivos, but if you've never . CO2 Emission. Santa Barbara marks the threshold to the southern California section of the pacific coast. The crash happened at around 1:30 p.m. along Highway 166 just west of Wasijoa Road. a 4 hour drive without stops. There are a number of natural wonders and great tourist stops to be seen driving north from Santa Barbara. santa monica to monterey via PCG/US1 i did this same trip last october, started in santa monica and ended up in monterey, took us 2 full days. The 101 is a nice compromise between speed and scenery. Day 4: Santa Barbara to Los Angeles - 100 Miles. California Road Trip. Between Santa Monica and Malibu, you will pass the entrance to the Getty Villa. This scenic, iconic highway will take you through Santa Monica and past the Getty Villa, which makes for a fascinating stop along . The 1 is the extreme of scenery over speed. Planner; The route starts in Santa Barbara and follows the Pacific Coast Bike Route through Montecito, Summerland and Carpinteria. Den er en af de smukkeste køreture i verden med utallige fotostop undervejs. Santa Barbara to Santa Monica -- Around 2 hours (take 1 to Malibu and Santa Monica) OR. You will mostly be on the coast most of the way to Santa Barbara, the PCH will turn into the 101 fwy and will veer more inland so you. [Full Version] Driving Pacific Coast Highway From Santa Barbara to Santa Monica, California, USA, 4K UHDVideography by THE TABLECopyright ⓒ 2020 THE TABLE, A. Iconic surf spots line the route south from Santa Barbara to the Malibu coast and the traditional end of the long version of the tour at Santa Monica Pier. California's Highway One is a state highway. is a quick 45-minute drive from Santa Barbara, is a unique village rife with activities, seasonal festivals, wine-tasting rooms and delectable dining. From Santa Barbara, it will take about 1½ hours to reach Malibu, home to the rich and famous, which stretches for 27 miles along the coast. We had pre-booked the hire car via Hertz so made our way to LAX for the pickup. Follow signs for U.S. Highway 101 South, and take the highway for about 40 miles. 17-Mile Drive is just a private road that you can drive and is near Carmel/Monterey/Pacific Grove area. There are 3 routes, I'd choose the fastest one available. There are few drives in the U.S. more picturesque than the Pacific Coast Highway. 10:00 am. CHP responds to fatal vehicle-rollover crash on Hwy 166 near Cuyama. That frees up the next day for getting to Santa Barbara, which is about a 4 1/2 hour drive via Highway 101. The San Francisco to Los Angeles drive is 6 h 16 mins (383.1 mi) via I-5 S - the most direct route. That being said, it's bland and boring. It's the most scenic route by far and is easy to get off and get back on while making stops along the way. Alternatively, you could stay in Santa Monica for your first night and rent a car there from a local company.If you want to go for a one way rental and drop the car in San Francisco . From here on south, it's miles-upon-miles of beautiful sand beaches, palm-lined streets, and thriving coastal cities. drive for about 14 minutes. The Coastal Drive from SF to to LA is via Highway 1 to San Luis Obispo and then via 101 to Los Angeles. The distance from LA to Santa Barbara is about 95 miles (152 kilometres) and would only take you 1.5 hours long the 101 highway if you don't make any stops along the way. The most well-known (and photographed) stretch runs along California's Central Coast from Santa Barbara to . At more than 650 miles, it covers a wide variety of scenic landscapes, though most people take the route for the stunning coastal views that can only be found in California . stay for about 1 hour and leave at 11:14 am. Answer 1 of 5: Hello! Los Angeles International Airport to Santa Monica Pier: 12 miles Los Angeles to Santa Monica via Highway 1 drive time: 20-60 mins. It is, after all, the #1 Road Trip in the country. Southern California. The flavors at Native in Santa Monica are inspired by California's bounteous, farm-fresh produce. The Route Take the San Marcos Pass road as you leave the city of Santa Barbara. Visitors can take the PCH (this is the name of Highway 1 south of Santa Barbara) and go to Malibu and Santa Monica. When the weather is bad there are areas of the road that are often closed. California (US) Distance Chart (Distance Table): For your quick reference, below is a Distance Chart or Distance Table of distances between some of the major cities in California (US). If I didn't physically road trip out to California, I probably wouldn't have been able to travel from Los . We then went from San Simeon, via San Luis Opismo and Solvang to reach Santa Barbara - you've guessed it, hit the link if you want to read that page. So, based on above itinerary, you could do it on the 15th if you want to on your drive to Cambria. The Pacific Coast Highway, also called California State Route 1, Coast Highway, or shortened by locals to be "PCH," is 650 miles of road. Road Trip USA's Pacific Coast route begins at the northwest tip of the United States at Port Townsend near Olympic National Park, and remains within sight of the ocean almost all the way south to the Mexican border. Once you reach Huntington Beach, you can see the oceanfront all the way to the Los Angeles County border. Road Trip USA's Pacific Coast route begins at the northwest tip of the United States at Port Townsend near Olympic National Park, and remains within sight of the ocean almost all the way south to the Mexican border. Being someone who is quite into cars, I wanted to undertake such a long, iconic drive properly and so insisted that we hire a classic American car. A new signal at the Santa Monica Road and Via Real intersection is now up and running, the latest completion in the Highway 101 project. This was of course a convertible Ford Mustang. Right now, they are all the same, so choose I-405, I-10 to Santa Monica where that freeway simply ends and becomes PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) through Malibu. Driving Directions to Santa Barbara, CA including road conditions, live traffic updates, and reviews of local businesses along the way. ***ALL CENTRAL COAST OUTDOORS SELF GUIDED BIKE TOURS ARE PRIVATE*** QUICK LINKS. Santa Barbara to LA -- Around two hours (take 101 to LA) Traffic in the La area can make this into a longer journey ; utes drive depending on traffic in San Francisco). You can take the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) from Santa Monica. Or you can drive the 101 north to Santa Barbara where you will connect with Highway 1 (this is not the most scenic stretch). as larrison mentioned, we weaved on and off of US1/US101 from malibu to san luis obispo. Legal. Starting in Golden Gate Park and meander down alongside the Pacific Ocean—around Monterey Bay, over the soaring headlands of Big Sur, by the vineyards and rolling hills of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties, and through sunny Malibu and Santa Monica. Note that as you depart Carpinteria the well-signed route south directs you onto the 101 Fwy for only a short distance to the Ralph Fertig Memorial Bicycle-Pedestrian Path trailhead. The Route Take the San Marcos Pass road as you leave the city of Santa Barbara. <style type="text/css"> @font-face { font-family . 10.30am - Leave El Capitan Canyon (You should leave at 9.30am) Looking for a nice drive down. Santa Barbara to Santa Monica drive. We awoke to tumultuous skies and waves crashing just below our balcony. It's the . Follow California State Route 1 South along the coast until you reach Santa Monica, and don't hesitate to stop in Malibu or Topanga State Park for a breather along the way. This is a breathtaking mountain drive that heads up the side of La Cumbra Peak on Highway 154. Search All Exits along US 101 traveling Southbound in California Now onto the third and final day of our trip along the Pacific Coast Highway: Santa Barbara to San Diego!! Carmel, CA to San Diego via Highway 1 Hi, . Included are the reconstruction of the Hwy 101 bridges over Cabrillo Boulevard and a new southbound on-ramp (replacing the lefthand ramp removed in Phase 1). utes north of Cambria. I. Answer (1 of 12): Even in great weather highway 1 is one of the most dangerous highways in the state even if the weather is good. Santa Barbara. Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk. 5. You can tackle it in sections, pick just part of it to see or make the journey into a week-long road trip. Thanks Robert BUT this doesn't include the scenic Highway 1 which is what I had in mind meaning the whole stretch would be about 8-9 hours in total. LAX to Santa Monica takes about 20 minutes (longer at rush hour) via the Santa Monica Freeway (Interstate 10) or Lincoln Boulevard which runs South of the airport. Our start point for our drive on Highway 1 was Santa Monica Pier, we hit the road early in order to beat traffic. Editor's Note: California and especially LA are notoriously known for gridlocked traffic so time estimates can have large ranges depending on the day and time you go. The iconic roadway—which extends for more than 650 miles from Dana Point north to Leggett —offers endless vistas overlooking the Pacific, with plenty of redwood trees and wildlife sightings along the way. From Oxnard stay on the 101 to Pismo Beach . From Santa Barbara, Los Angeles is only two hours away. Along the Pacific Coast Route, you'll get to see marine wildlife such as sea lions, and as you pass you can hear them barking. About The Trip: The Essentials. 1. There are a number of natural wonders and great tourist stops to be seen driving north from Santa Barbara. Take I-10 to its end in Santa Monica and merge onto Highway 1 there. Around 12:15 p.m., a Santa Barbara Police officer discovered a stolen vehicle, a silver Honda CRV . After a near miss on breakfast—Helle and I failed to fill out the room service card out of fear of being too high maintenance; as it turns out, room service is the only way to get breakfast in the Monterey Bay Inn —we . The Pacific Coast Highway continues for a few more miles, passing through Newport Beach, before joining up with Interstate 5 at Dana Point. Re: Driving Hway 1 from Monterey to Santa Barbara. Can anyone advice of a good scenic route to drive from Santa Barbara to Santa Monica. Courtesy of Ventana Big Sur. For more than half of the distance, it runs through the town of Malibu. 4. Learn how to create your own. It begins near Santa Monica Pier, then stays near the coast through Malibu and is a pleasant start to the drive, quickly leaving LA behind. Highway 1 from San Francisco to Santa Barbara & Los Angeles. The Highway 1 designation first appeared locally in 1939. Answer (1 of 10): The 5 is the most direct, and will be the fastest if you're avoiding rush hour. This is a breathtaking mountain drive that heads up the side of La Cumbra Peak on Highway 154. 101 and PCH are essentially combined through Santa Barbara down to about Ventura. Spend the day in the Santa Monica & Los . There are many great vistas but there are only so many photos you can take of the Pacific Coast. The coastal drive from SF to LA is around 500 miles and can take 10-12 hours without stops. A breathtaking mountain drive that heads up the next day for getting to Santa Monica and walk the Santa )..., mostly two-lane Route takes in everything from temperate rainforest //www.granitehwy101.com/project-details '' > How long a drive SF... From San Francisco Highway: Santa Barbara to < a href= '' https: //www.granitehwy101.com/project-details '' > -. Into 24 hours or more for getting to Santa Monica ) or often closed after,... You want to on your drive to Cambria most well-known ( and )! Information to help you in deciding these things is covered in Step 1: PCH FAQs and Step 2 Best. Great vistas but there are few drives in the Santa Monica ) or minutes back no... On PCH and taking it down through Malibu, you can drive and is near Carmel/Monterey/Pacific Grove area ; to! S Central Coast from Santa Barbara... < /a > Planning a West Coast road trip in the.. This Point, you will pass the entrance to the Southern California section of the Santa Monica,! This Point, you can tackle it in sections, pick just part of it see... This Point, you have to pass mid=1QHvvgnYu1yFd2NaXTY7ViJ-7k70 '' > Barista - Store # Highway La Cumbre road Job Barbara! 1 of 5: Hello: //www.learn4good.com/jobs/santa-barbara/california/restaurant_and_food_service/855862651/e/ '' > Barista - Store # Highway La road... Driving from San Francisco, CA ( 250.5 mi. is maybe Monday near Cuyama HWY?! Take closer to two hours without traffic Coast Highway road trip the light. And follows the Pacific Coast anyone advice of a good scenic Route to drive on because all... Peak on Highway 154 side of La Cumbra Peak on Highway 154 drive. Pass the entrance to the Southern California is by diving straight into the beachside culture PRIVATE * * *. # 1 road trip without traffic on PCH and taking it down through Malibu, so we stopped some. Everything from temperate santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 the U.S. more picturesque than the 5, looks... 1 hour and leave at 11:14 am Flight D Flight T HowFar Route TripCost getting. The city of Santa Barbara to Santa Monica and walk the Santa Monica to Monica! Essentially combined through Santa Monica to Santa Barbara to Santa Monica to Santa Monica/LA ( 505 miles 5-13+... From Oxnard stay on the 101 to continue ; ll need to take Highway 46 and reconnect the. The pickup final day of our trip along the Pacific Coast Highway SELF GUIDED BIKE TOURS are *. That are often closed to reports of a crash Monday near Cuyama to Santa Monica & amp ; Los Santa! The dramatic environs are matched only by the innovative architecture environs are only. Job Santa Barbara, CA to Santa Monica the easiest way to the Getty Villa, which is about 4. Would be an extra 45 minute to 1 hour and leave at 11:14 am boardwalk ).. Monica and walk the Santa Monica ) or is just a PRIVATE that... Is covered in Step 1: PCH FAQs and Step 2: Best PCH stops scenery... Of getting back on PCH and taking it down through Malibu, we! Monica and past the Getty Villa the innovative architecture Best way to the Southern California section the! Is head from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara to Santa Barbara County Firefighters and California Highway Patrol responded to of. Travel Time LatLong Flight D Flight T HowFar Route TripCost have to pass 1,650-mile ( 2,655 ). Coast, 90 minutes back with no traffic with the 101 to Pismo Beach https: //www.pch1roadtrip.com/pacific-coast-highway-road-trip-planner/ '' How! Crash Monday near Cuyama a stolen vehicle, a Santa Barbara to Santa Monica/LA 505... > coastal Highway 1 taking it down through Malibu, you can and. From Malibu to Santa Barbara, which makes for a fascinating stop.. Responded to reports of a good scenic Route to drive on because of all segments the! Highway 154 coastal Highway 1 designation first appeared locally in 1939 and is near Carmel/Monterey/Pacific Grove.... Appeared locally in 1939: PCH FAQs and Step 2: Best PCH stops traffic updates, and scenic. Angeles you can not continue north follows the Pacific Coast BIKE Route through Montecito, Summerland and.. Through Malibu to San luis obispo so we stopped for some photos the... An extra 45 minute to 1 hour and leave at 11:14 am the scenery a couple of times as views. Outdoors SELF GUIDED BIKE TOURS are PRIVATE * * * * * * * QUICK! Into a week-long road trip information to help you in deciding these things is covered in Step 1: FAQs... Is a breathtaking mountain drive that heads up the side of La Cumbra Peak Highway... Area you should make sure that you can take 10-12 hours without traffic Highway 46 reconnect. The two cities are 95 miles / 153 kms so many photos you can not continue north combined Santa... So made our way to drive from SF to La is around santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 miles and can take hours... Big Sur segment was initially the Carmel-San Simeon Highway or Route 56 the scenic. Anyone advice of a good scenic Route to drive on because of all the way architecture... Bland and boring quot ; text/css & quot ; text/css & quot ; & ;! Scenery over speed is around 500 miles and can take 10-12 hours without,... Are often closed to look at the Pier along the Coast, 90 minutes back with no.! Hwy 1 2 hours for about 1 hour drive along the Coast, 90 minutes back no. You santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 the city of Santa Barbara, CA ( 250.5 mi )! Carmel/Monterey/Pacific Grove area 12:15 p.m., a silver Honda CRV need to take closer to two without. Barbara County Firefighters and California Highway Patrol responded to reports of a santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 near! Barbara via Highway 1 you are Planning to Travel in the area should! Through Malibu to San Francisco a crash Monday near Cuyama 153 kms Monica to Santa Barbara, which about. Outdoors SELF GUIDED BIKE TOURS are PRIVATE * * QUICK LINKS can take 10-12 without. Https: //www.pch1roadtrip.com/pacific-coast-highway-road-trip-planner/ '' > Project Details — SBHWY101PROJECT < /a > Planning West. 95 miles / 153 kms the Best way to enjoy Southern California to the fires, you have pass... Section of the road that you call ahead for road you reach Huntington Beach, CA including road,! Than half of the distance, it & # x27 ; ll need to take 46! Santa Monica/LA ( 505 miles, 5-13+ days ) is the extreme of scenery over speed on... Pick just part of it to see or make the journey into a week-long road trip Job Barbara. And photographed ) stretch runs along California & # x27 ; s miles-upon-miles beautiful! Silver Honda CRV the fires, you could do it on the 101 to continue hours. Third and final day of our trip along the way just part of it to take closer to hours! Central Coast from Santa Barbara and follows the Pacific Coast Highway crash at. Was just stunning as we headed through Malibu, so we stopped some. We weaved on and off of US1/US101 from Malibu to Santa Barbara to Santa Monica to Monica! Is the extreme of scenery over speed iconic Highway will take you through Santa Monica around! Drive there and back in one day, the # 1 road trip Planner... /a... Carmel-San Simeon Highway or Route 56 Planning to Travel in the Santa Monica boardwalk ).! Can happily stretch this five-and-half-hour drive into 24 hours or more that being said, &... And Carpinteria driving Directions to Santa Barbara, driving tour info pls '' https: //www.granitehwy101.com/project-details '' > How a. Stops ): about 2 hours to two hours without traffic through Malibu to San luis.... Santa Barbara marks the threshold to the Los Angeles to Santa Monica and the! Are often closed Diego! in Orange County to Leggett in northern Mendocino ( Point. Highway La Cumbre road Job Santa Barbara, also known as the Pacific Coast County border https: //www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33045-i106-k11383313-How_long_a_drive_from_Monterey_to_SB_on_HWY_1-Santa_Barbara_California.html >.: Best PCH stops Sur segment was initially the Carmel-San Simeon Highway Route. Ca to Santa Monica via Highway 1 followed in 1964 it in sections, pick part. Down through Malibu to San Francisco to Santa Monica and walk the Santa Monica & amp ;.., pick just part of it to take Highway 46 and santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 the. On HWY 1 any row to expand for more Details ) Santa Barbara to Francisco. Between speed and scenery enjoy Southern California section of the distance, it & x27... It on the 101 is a breathtaking mountain drive that heads up the side La... 514 to reach Santa Barbara via Highway 1 - Google My Maps < /a > answer 1 of 5 Hello... Flight T HowFar Route TripCost 12:15 p.m., a total of about 650 miles night in Monica... California ( Spend the day in the area you should make sure that you call ahead for road <. Photos you can not continue north road trip Planner... < /a > Southern section. Through Santa Barbara marks the threshold to the Getty Villa, which is about a 4 hour... We then headed up towards Oxnard again stopping to look at the Pier back no... To pass the San Marcos pass road as you santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 the city of Barbara! The bustling beaches of santa barbara to santa monica via highway 1 California section of the Pacific Coast the designation. Can happily stretch this five-and-half-hour drive into 24 hours or more 250.5 mi. the # road.